Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Card Problems

Well normally getting my Christmas cards done is not a problem, and normally Costco does a really good job. However, this year that has not been the case, hence the reason none of you have received our Christmas card yet. Just in case you want to know the whole story I'm going to tell you, and because I need vent, so here it is.

Apparently at Costco there are two different colored machines, and with out any signs indicating that there is a difference in the machine I am supposed to know this. Well we used the blue machine (instead of the black one) that prints folded Christmas cards and you only get 20 for $14.99. Well we thought we were getting 50 postcard style cards for the same price. We found this out after we had to wait three days to get our cards even though we picked 1-hour. I guess their machine was not working correctly. I was hoping to have the cards in the mail by Saturday, obviously that didn't happen since it's Monday night. Dave ended up picking up the pictures today when I was at the gym so I didn't hear the story until I got home and it was too late to go back. Needless to say I'm going to take the pictures back tomorrow and let them know that I am dissatisfied with this service, get my money back and then figure out what I am going to do about Christmas cards.
Hopefully everybody will get our card sometime before the New Year! O.K. I'm done.

On a completely different note, I just watched The Polar Express with Logan and Dave, it was so awesome, I almost cried. Having your own kids and wanting them to believe in Santa and the whole Christmas spirit really brings it out in yourself. It has been so fun buying stuff for Logan this year, He is so cute trying to sing the words to Christmas songs, and saying "Santa says, 'ho,ho,ho'" and various other phrases. Having my own family has truly brought the joy back into Christmas for me. I love my family, and the Christmas season.

4 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

That is so annoying when there is constantly problems with something that is already obnoxious to begin with. Sorry you had to go to so much trouble just for Christmas cards!

Melanie said...

Alright now maybe I can understand why you like the movie. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I suggest you join Sams Club post haste! I have had my cards in envelopes addressed for 5 days now. I just need to lick and stamp, that could take another week. I guess it's a good thing I picked the phrase Happy Holidays, and not Merry Christmas...

Rachael said...

Good luck with the cards, I'm sure everything will turn out for you.