Monday, August 2, 2010

Makayisms

I got this idea from my friend Ivy's latest blog post, so I thought I would do the same. I think this age is so funny, he thinks he is just as big as everyone else and will tell them all about it. He is such a chatter box, totally opposite from Logan, he didn't talk that much at this age, so it's very foreign to us.

Here are some of the things he says on a daily basis; comes and pulls the covers off me and says "mommy breakfest", then he runs into the kitchen opens the fridge and says "this" pointing to whatever he's in the mood for. He isn't picking, but particular he knows what he wants so if you grab the wrong thing he pushes it away and says "no" with quite the scowl. Once you get the right thing he shakes his head with so much enthusiasm and say "uh-huh".

He also likes to talk to Logan's friends and will say things on the lines of; " hey guys" and runs to show them where their room is. He also says the typical "I did it" when he does the buckles in his chair, or if something doesn't work like he thinks it should, he says "ah man".

The funniest and sometimes a little annonying when you are trying to talk to your spouse, he is obsessed with car washes. I guess it's because one time we got the car washed when he was in the car and now he can spot them a mile away. Anytime we pass a car wash he says"mommy wash, see" and he'll keep saying it until you respond back. Or if we are driving on a road where he knows a car wash is he'll say, "mommy, where's the wash?" until we get to it. Along with car washes he loves train track, so every time we get in the car he ask, "mommy train tracks, peeas".

Lastly, yesterday he started carrying around a car and saying " 1,2,3 blast off".

Thanks for letting me rant about my sweet 2 1/2 year old. I figure I better write it down now while I remember, because before I know it he'll be all grown up.

1 comment:

Cassie R said...

The best way to do it, Shawna....Too cute!!! =)