Friday, November 27, 2009

Apple Pie and Hair Cuts

So I was feeling very domestic and do it myself the week of Thanksgiving, so that's what I did. Logan's hair was getting quite out of control and even thought I like it long, we decided it was time to chop it off. And since I was doing one kid I might as well do the other. They both hate getting their hair cut, so it was a very tearful experience.


Next, I decided to bake a homemade apple pie from scratch, dough and everything. Along with my apple pie I made garlic and bacon roasted mashed potatoes, now those were easy and very tasty. I think they will become a turkey day tradition. Since you can't taste my delicious pie you will have to settle for the picture. Please enjoy.



This is my first ever homemade apple pie (well pie in general). I got the recipe from my sister and I was on my way. I was very nervous, but it turned out really good. The dough was a little tricky getting it into the pie dish, but other then that it wasn't too bad. It was a great success, although I'm not sure I'll do it again.





I forgot to take a picture of Makay before his hair cut. He cried the whole time I used the clippers, but once I got to the scissors he was fine, well I still had to hold him, but at least he wasn't screaming.






This is the face I saw the majority of the time, he hates getting his hair cut. Can you believe how long it is? Poor kid.









Yikes, that's a lot of THICK hair!











Don't let the smile fool you those red cheeks mean he was crying the whole time I was using the clippers also, refer to picture above and you can imagine how long it took. And our clippers suck, we need new ones.







This is the final look after I tried my best to clean it up with the scissors It's a lot shorter then I wanted it on top, but oh well I'm sure I'll get better each time I try. (If I try again)










Oops, I totally forgot to put on the attachment.

2 comments:

Larsens said...

Oops..haha!lol!! That last picture is a crack up! Good job being domestic!

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

you are a better woman than me, I don't think I would have mustered up the courage to throw that last pic up! I am done with home haircuts, at least for the time being. Danny now trades services for our beauty needs, it's fabulous. The pie is really beautiful, eat your heart out Paula Deen ( that's just because of all the butter you had to use and how much you looover her cookin')