Friday, January 29, 2010

Alright, the jig is up

Well for those of you who haven't heard I'M PREGNANT! I'm super excited about having another little one to join the ranks, but it is so overwhelming to think we will have 3 kids, wow. Now we will be out numbered, and the thought of taking three kids somewhere by my self is a little daunting, but non-the -less I will survive.

I am 8 weeks a long and I have not thrown up, but feel disgusting and nauseous all day long, yuck! The first trimester is not always my favorite, up I know it's a really important part. Being prego and having two other kids to take care of is really tiring, props to all those other moms out there. I am also super busy at the rec., which is good an bad. Good because of lots of extra $$ to save for a hospital bill, but bad because I'm so freaking tried most of the time. So far the kids have been really cute and Makay will say "baby" all the time and Logan will say stuff like "the baby's not here yet, why do I have to do that". Got to love kids right.

I'm due around Sept. 10th I'm not really going to be hung up on the date considering I was late with Logan, and got induced 2 days before Makay was due, but still didn't feel like I was even close to going into labor. I'm actually hoping I go a little late ( I know big jink) so late it's a little farther from Logan's b-day which is Aug. 27th. As for the gender at times I think it's got to be a girl, I don't know if I could handle another boy, so much wrestling, but as some of my friends know girls can be so whinny, and dramatic, and that's something I'm not used to. It really doesn't matter either way, but it is always fun to speculate. Anyway, I am so excited for this new adventure and I'm just curious does this make us a big family now??

13 comments:

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

Congrats! Nope not a big family until you have 10 or more! When you have to drive one of the huge vans, then you're a big family!

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

just another thought... it might be time for a mini van!!!

Cassie R said...

Very cool Shawna! Congrats to you and your expanding family. Much love!

Unknown said...

I'm so exciting for you guys!!!! I hope you have a girl. They are so much fun!! But, then so are boys. Either way so exciting!!!

Melanie said...

Holy Cow, I didn't know! Congratulations to you and your family.

In all honesty, I think three kids is a normal sized family these days, four can still be considered normal, but it's when you hit five kids that you have a big family.

Kristiina said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I am jealous, we have been trying now for a while for a baby he/she for Miia, but so far no luck. You need to have a girl this time, I guess that's all I know, but I love having a girl. Although if you do have a girl, you'll need to have another one, by which point you guys will definitely become a large family. love you lots, congrats once again,
finn

Shawna said...

Thanks everybody! Don't worry Marci no need for a minivan the Durango has a third row, so we will be all set.

And my dear Finn try not to stress too much your time will come. :)

Rachael said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! Three kids scares me too--I hear it's not so bad though :-)

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you! Hopefully it will be born on my birthday!

The Tices said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for you guys. Time to switch from one on one to zone defense. I sure you two will do great! Hope the gross early pregnancy feeling goes away soon.

The Lambert Family said...

Congrats! This is a really funny way to find this out. I can't imagine having 3 right now! I think we will stick with 2 for another year or so. Good luck! :)

matt and brynnzie said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys!! You will have to let me know how 3 kids is, I've never done that. As for a big family, it is still smaller than mine, so no, it does not make you a big family. We need to get together, now that the Holidays are over.

Krystal said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats girl! I can't believe you are on number 3... it seems like just yesterday you told me you were prego with number 1 at school. HOW FUN! I am so excited for your cute little family! Congrats!