Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A New Approach

Typically I have only done new posts when we have done something fun, or if I have cute pictures to post, but one of my BEST FRIENDS has started to do a daily blog post to act as a family journal, I thought this is not a bad idea. I'm not sure if I'll make it everyday, but maybe just more often. Like so many of us I used to write in my journal every Sunday, however LIFE has gotten a lot busier so now it's only every few months :( So I'll start with today:

Today was exhausting...we were to the gym by 10:30 to meet a client that didn't end up showing up, bummer, so I ran anyway. Got Logan to school by 12:00 came home did laundry, visiting teacher come over, folded and put away the laundry, picked up Logan, watched Austin, eat lunch, did a workout plan, back to the gym by 4:45 and got back home at 7:30, ate dinner, cleaned up the house and finally sat down to veg at 9:00. Most days are not this crazy, but after being out of town for a week I feel like my head is barely above water.

Through all this craziness I was reminded by a colleague that things can definitely be worse, today was exhausting with all good things. Running, love it! It's my time to get away and to push myself and feel accomplished afterward. Taking Logan to school, great! So thankful that we can afford to send him to preschool, and see him interact with other children. Laundry, well thankful to have close to wash I suppose. Visiting Teaching, I love my v.t. she has helped and inspired me in so many ways. Tending my nephew, a good opportunity for service. Lastly, back to the gym, immensely grateful to have a fantastic job that I love, and that gives me the flexibility to still be at home with my wonderful kids.

I know life has it's highs and lows and I'm going to enjoy this high as long as it last, and when it gets low I will call on my Father in Heaven to help me make it through. I hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

3 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

I need to write in my journal more. Maybe I will count my blog as our family journal until I am better at it. :)

Larsens said...

I love this post because I can so relate with days like this...I especially love the BEST FRIEND part!

Cassie R said...

awwww....I love it Shawna.....so neat!!!:-)