Friday, July 10, 2009

One of the best 4th of Julys

Here I am with my metal that I won for getting first place in my age group for the 5k

It wouldn't be a party unless the guys were playing something, don't worry me and some of the other moms joined in later.

Here's Nathan watching the dads play soccer
Caden and Logan playing in the pool
Makay and Elise playing in the Hansen's backyard


The morning started off early for me with a 5k start time of 7 am, while I was running Dave went to the annual Butler 18th flag raising and light breakfast. After the guys played a little basketball we went to Danny and Marci's new house to have a wonderful BBQ. It was so much fun, the group is back together with just a few more kids. When the Hansen's left in 2005 there were 5 kids, Hansen's 3, Richards 1, Lambert's 1 the count now 4 years later is Hansen's 5, Richards (D & S) 2, Lambert's 2, Paul 1 (1 on the way), Richards (S & A) 1, wow a lot has changed. Also it wouldn't be a get together if the guys weren't playing something, this time it was barefoot soccer, maybe next time banister ball.

When we left the Hansen's we had a little bit of down time at the Paul's and then went to the Sandy city carnival and then stayed for fireworks. I couldn't have asked for a better day, good times with friends+ great activities= one of the best 4th of July's ever. During the fireworks I was taken back to July 4, 2003 mine and Dave's 2nd date, I can't believe it's been 6 years, I can't believe we have two kids. I love you so much Dave and I'm excited to spend many,many more 4th of July's together.

3 comments:

Larsens said...

Congrats Shawna!
Now come down and run the Disneyland 5K with me. A couple of us from my ward are doing it in Sept.

I LOVE summer! The 4th of July is so fun! Your boys are getting SO big. I love to watch them grow via blogging(:

The Lambert Family said...

It was a fun fourth! We need to get together again soon with you guys!

Unknown said...

Way to go Shawna!!! I'm glad you had an awesome 4th of July. Adam and I wish that we could have been there with all of you.